Today I cooked mango chicken.
It wasn't from a cookbook. I'm capturing the recipe, so I can prepare it again.
1.5 full boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
1 tablespoon corn starch
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the chicken in a large bowl. Add the soy sauce. Stir until all the chicken is coated. Marinate at least 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Peel and slice the mango.
- Coat the bottom of a large frying pan with oil. Over medium-high heat, cook the mango slices until the begin to carmelize. Put the lightly cooked mango in a bowl.
- If necessary, add a bit more oil to the pan. Add the chicken, but not the excess soy sauce.
- Cook the chicken on all sides, until the surface is all cooked.
- Add the mango and stir. Cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives over the dish, then mix it in.
- Cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the corn starch with 3 tablespoons water.
- Remove the lid from the pan, and turn the heat back to medium-high. Push the chicken and mango a bit to the edges, to make a well in the middle. Mix a bit of the hot liquid with the corn starch mixture. Then pour the corn starch mixture into the pan. Stir for 20 seconds or so, until the sauce thickens.
- Mix well, then serve.